Monday, June 15, 2015. Open 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM (CDT) (and later maybe!)
Joe Senser’s Sports Theater in Bloomington, MN
IGDA Twin Cities is hosting the 4th annual All Day E3 Social at Joe Senser’s Sports Theater in Bloomington. We’ll have streaming and satellite video all day long, along with game demos, multiplayer games, card and board games. Stop by any time. Have lunch, dinner, and/or drinks. Or, hang out all day and “work”, run some playtests, etc.
Bring your projects, your game, card and board games, 3DS or whatever. Bring an extension cord if you’re serious about the laptop/work. We’ll be in the side room from 11am – 10pm, and maybe later. Guests and strangers encouraged!
Happy hour is 3-6pm. Other specials too.
There really isn’t one. We’ll have the keynotes on througout the day, but you’re not obligated to watch them.
11am doors open and coordinators coordinate and setup
10pm last keynote ends, but you don’t have to leave
2am bar closes
E3 2015 Keynote Schedule for Mon. June 15th (central time):
11:30am – 1pm Microsoft Keynote
3pm – 4pm Electronic Arts
5pm – 6pm Ubisoft
8pm – 10pm Sony Keynote
Other Keynotes and Events (central time):
June 14th, 9pm Bethesda (we might watch a recording of this)
June 16th, 11am Nintendo Digital event and World Championships
June 16th, 12pm Square Enix
June 16th, 7pm PC Gaming Show
Last night’s Multiplayer Extravaganza went off without a hitch, and everyone seemed to have a blast playing all the various games that we had on display.
A ton of great indie developers sent us builds of their games for us to check out, and this post is just one way of saying thanks for that generosity. In alphabetical order, we had on hand:
- Crawl by Powerhoof — This dungeon crawler got a lot of attention, partly because you can play it for hours. Super fun concept, and definitely a blast to play.
- Field-1 — I personally couldn’t get enough of this game that describes itself as “like playing hockey inside a pinball machine”.
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime by Asteroid Base — It’s safe to say that this game drew onlookers and admirers from all over.
- One Spear by 36peas — We got a sneak peek at the mac/pc version of this game already out for iOS
- Particle Mace by Andy Wallace — A super-fun retro arcade style game. It’s got a single player mode that I will be checking out in the near future, and is available now on the Particle Mace website in a “pre-alpha” (but perfectly playable) state for purchase.
- Protoboros by Zachary Johnson — Zach’s multiplayer snake game from the 2012 GGJ had us hot on each other’s heels.
- SlashDash by Nevernaut Games — Capture the flag doesn’t begin to explain how fun this game is.
We had three other screens, one playing Towerfall: Ascension on a PS4, another hooked up to an Xbox 360, where both Speedrunners and Hidden in Plain Sight were played, as well as one playing some steam favorites like Samurai Gun and Gang Beasts. Though it was advertised, I don’t think Starwhal got any playtime. There’s always next month.
One of the Glitch folks brought a prototype card game that got played at least once, with the designer sitting on taking notes.
Thanks again to Glitch organizers and IGDATC organizers for putting the event together! Thanks to Hollie Figueroa for taking the photo used in this post. And thanks to everyone who showed up and played the games! Let me know in the comments if I missed mentioning any games that were played!
We’re doing it again. Come going other local developer and game enthusiasts at an all day E3 social event at the Chatterbox Pub. Stop by for lunch, dinner, drinks. Or, hang out and “work”. Zach and Ryan will be there all day, futzing with depth cameras and Unity.
This event is all day Monday 6/10, Please register at Eventbrite.
Note, the regular meeting is on Thurs 6/13. More info link.
Bring fun card games or 3DS (please) or whatever, and an extension cord if you’re serious about the laptop/work. We’ll be in the banquet room from 11am – 10pm, and maybe later Guests and strangers encouraged!.
Happy hour is 2-5pm.
11am – 1pm Microsoft (XBox One)
3pm – 4pm Electronic Arts
5pm – 6pm Ubisoft
8pm – 10pm Sony (PS4)
Nintendo can be seen online Tue 6/11 9am here:
And live game demos at Eden Prairie Best Buy 4-8pm Wed 6/12 and 1-5pm Sat 6/15
(If you go, give a quick recap at the 6/13 meeting. Try to snap a couple pictures.)